View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 08:02 AM   #7
jerryscott

Default Re: Front Main Headlights Fogged

Dennis, yours is 'probably' new enough to have more info on BUT, to be honest, I emailed GulfStream multiple times and I PROBABLY DIDN'T EXACTLY ASK THE CORRECT QUESTION which is my fault.
But, I did NOT want to put back the original light, I think mine is either Audi or Jetta, but I just looked for a rectangular light that was slightly smaller than my present light that I could access the mounting from the gap around the light and the closest I could find was a Jetta light but a newer version.
I 'think' I'm going to make a simple bracket to mount it to, basically it's just 2 heavy screws but that's going to be the project for this week.
I sat the light in the opening and I can basically reach the mounting hardware. The bracket that came with the light is just enough larger that it doesn't want to get into the opening hole, but I really think I can get mounting brackets into the hole and mount the light to THAT hardware. We'll just see.
The light itself really looked nice sitting in the opening, but, any nice shiny NEW clear glass headlight would have looked fine in there I think rather than one that looked like it had been painted with while paint on the inside.
jerryscott is offline   Reply With Quote