View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 09:31 AM   #10
SemperFi0481

Default Shocking!

That's crazy! I had a similiar experience this past weekend.
Thursday afternoon picked up brand new 2011 canyon trail 35flft. Did a walk thru (maybe an hour) with the dealer, signed the invoice and off we went. Friday night got the thing set up at the camp site. Great spot at Stone mtn, nc state park...everything was beautiful. About 10pm, the kids were asleep..fire was going out and starting to get a little chilly, we thought we'd turn in and turn on the furnace. Click....wait....nothin. I'm no HVAC guy, but I was pretty sure we had a problem at that point. I got out the Suburban/ heater manual and started going through the restart steps. That' about when my wife got in the shower and I soon figured out my problem. Grey pvc drain above the heating unit was gaping open and pouring water all over the place....on the furance wiring, and into the bottom of the RV. Brand new camper now...wiring, insulation, wood, now soked. After a long night, wife upset, kids cold, we pack up and took the CT back to dealer where he claimed he'd "make evrything right".
Any ideas about what we should do or look out for...ie additional warranty on electronics, insist on new camper (dreaming I know).

Anyway, thanks for your post. It's nice to know we're not the only ones frustrated.
SemperFi0481 is offline   Reply With Quote