View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 12:17 AM   #3
RJ82much

Welcome to the forum Cory (?)

I totally agree with Tim's recommendation about getting things fixed before you buy, rather than later service visits. Your dealer will balk at this, & probably refuse. I don't know why this is so, but seems as though they refuse to take the step till you're the owner.

I'd like to add that in addition to having the dealer demonstrate operation of EVERY system & procedure, that you also duplicate each operation & procedure with your own hands. We all have horror tales of rushing to get on the road with our own new units, figuring "How hard can it be?" - only to find out that later we break something or get stuck.

Show up early on your day of signing to allow time for the PDI (pre-delivery inspection). I ended up on the outside of locked chain link fence with my new 37ft, not knowing how to adjust the mirrors or operate the back up camera, not knowing if the steps & awnings were in. My experimentation & learning occured in the rush-hour traffic of interstate 91. Holy crap! the ride of my life!

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote