View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
schmittm

Default Re: Power Module addition for VT 365 engine

I put the TSDiesel MP8 in over a year ago. If search the older posts you can find out more about it, but here is some of my comments.
This is the only programmer I could find that was made to work with International, Ford is not the same. Second it will not void your warranty if you take it off before going to dealer. Here is why, it plugs into the fuel pressure/sensor line? And not the ECM. Basically what this controller does is increase the fuel rail pressure to almost 28000 (or something close). By increasing the pressure and the amount of fuel you get more power and a better burn. By not plugging into your ECM you are not making changes to the programming and they can not find any changes when they plug their laptop into your rig. If International sees that you made any changes to the programming they can void your warranty, if if you change setting back to stock, they can still tell because each time the ECM writes a new change it logs it and they start to add up, so International will be able to tell how many times you have made changes to program.
So, knowing that, the safest bet is to go with TSDiesel till your warranty expires, and un-hook the little box before you take it in to International.
As far as results, I have noticed better milage (at least 1 mpg) and more power. I know it is getting more fuel because you can see more black smoke coming out exhaust when you step on gas. It is not going to be a huge noticeable power difference because you are not changing turbo settings or any of the other settings you would with a programmer for Ford, Chevy or Dodge.
I paid $595 for it a year ago.