Thread: New to the site
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 11:43 AM   #5
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP View Post
Welcome Aboard !!
I have the 2006 - 5291
Bought mine in Florida and drove back to Long Island. I had a white knuckle ride like Purduepete2 but found the struts in the front were the lightest you could go. My back tire pressure was OK as I had all checked before I left. Gulfstream cut corners on a safety issue. When I got the heavy duty ones installed, she stayed on the road.

Do yourself a huge favor, that's if it hasn't been done already, and take all the bay locks off...take them to a locksmith and get them re-keyed. Anyone in the RV industry that has a set of master keys can open your bays. Ever seen a service guy ask you for a key to get into your bay? There are 7 keys that fit the locks from a travel trailer to a Class A coach. When I'm getting mine serviced now and I'm asked for a key....question WHY? There are no plumbing, elec or any other things he needs. They usually leaves with a red face.

If your towing a car get the hitch lock that has a key. I lost my car in the beginning as I had a cotter pin in it and some nice person removed it. Thank Gawd I was driving into a gas station when the car cut loose. It crawled and got stopped by a curb. Scared the Hell out of me.

The other thing I want you to check is the area around the slides on the floor. Take the end of a screw driver and push the floor. If it gives....you might have a slide leak. I had one in my dinette slide and that sucker cost me $5k to repair.

I modified the cabinet under the stove and the narrow cabinets next to it. I am fully functional with my slides closed as far as cooking. I also took the TV out and put in a flat screen that is attached to a door. I use the TV in my kitchen in the RV. The space behind the TV got turned into storage. That one was a dilly to do, but Formica works.

Any questions.....give me a shout and many happy trails to you.

Carolyn
[email protected]

You can lock up everything. That just makes dishonest people do more damage robbing you.

Just my opinion.

Sudsy