View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 12:15 PM   #10
althotos

Firstly, I want to thank everyone for all their help. I found the fuse and yes it was in the front compartment right under driver's window. This storage compartment has two fuse blocks located diagonally, upper left and lower right, with a bunch of relays sitting in the middle between them. The compartment floor also had a chart/legend for the fuse blocks. I don't know if this chart came with the coach or whether the previous owner put it there, but it was quite helpful.

The upper left fuse block actually had a 15 amp mini fuse that was allocated to the porch lamp. Much to my chagrin, this 15 amp mini fuse was intact. After searching through the chart I decided to check a row of fuses used for auxillary feeds. Hallelujah, I found a blown fuse on the third auxillary feed fuse. This necessitated an hour-long trip to my local auto parts store to get several packs of mini fuses of various ratings. I replaced the fuse and it blew instantly. I went back into the coach and disconnected a pair of loose wires I had connected last week. I replaced the fuse and viola the porch light worked.

Lesson learned. Don't try to reconnect loose wires just because you think they belong together. Thanks again, everybody.
1999 Bounder 30E (traded 2018 on GF)
1997 Hornet 25 TT (sold 2003)
althotos is offline   Reply With Quote