View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
gsadmin

darby, please read my post in the Class A forum at the top. It explains this dilemma.

I am taking action as fast as I can, but it is a battle that is hard to fight. These are people with no "address" its not like they are running reputable businesses that they need fear of reprisal from consumers or law enforcement.

I have chosen to keep the forum open. It makes it easier to moderate and for new people to join.

Think about it this way, someone finds our little forum and decides that they have an issue or a comment they would like to make but they are not yet a member. So, they go and fill out the form and then it tells them they need to wait to be approved. So, two days goes by and myself or someone else finally approves them (this is not my full-time job, by far). By this time, the user will probably never return to post what was before a spur of the moment comment they wanted to make. This is why I don't want to close the board.

The flip side is that we all have to deal with this crap from time to time. We are taking action. RJ has helped by tracking down a couple of sammers and sending some abuse emails. I continually delete bogus user accounts. Just today I added a whole slew of drug names to the "name filter" that replaces "bad" words with other words. So, now if any spammer puts a post with, for instance, "V-iagra" (without the dash) in it, the actual post will say "Go Away Spammer!". Hopefully no one has a legitimate need to use "V-iagra" on the board

So, Darby, unless someone wants to pitch in and provide about 100x the $ that my advertising on this site provides, its the best its probably going to get. If that is not good enough, well then I will be sad to see you leave the group.
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote