View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 08:29 AM   #6
RJ82much

Darby,

First, glad you plan on continuing with us.

Second, you must have purchased a Good Sams membership to post on their "member forum". Either I did something wrong, or you can't even view their forums without a paid membership.

I don't think any spammer will buy a membership, only to have that ID revoked in less than 24 hours. Plus, the credit card that must be used leaves a traceable path back to the culprit. If you notice, our spammers in our free forum take out multiple IDs every day. They "expire" as soon as GSadmin sees that they are bad guys.

I guess this brings up a 3rd solution to controlling our spam... a requirement that we provide GSadmin with a valid credit card number. He would have to charge something on the card to determine it's validity (& cover the additional time & expense). Comments from everyone? By the way, I seriously doubt that GSadmin has any interest in this solution, other than if someone else offered to run that part of the business. I, for one, am NOT offering.

Darby (and others), please don't take offense at my comments. They are not intended to be argumentative. I just understand that the scourge of the internet are not the fault of the operators of free forums. I don't want to see this forum fall by the wayside because we demand more than can be reasonably delivered.

Thanks for the soapbox.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote