View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 02:52 PM   #11
RayHarkness

Default Re: Battery charging

I fought a battle on this topic. On my coach there is an Intellitac BIRD they call it. front compartment, below driver seat. I FOUND that the wires had been spliced several places. I ALSO found the connection for Ignition, was wired improperly. It was live constantly. I corrected that, found a post in one of the blocks, that was only live when the coach was running (engine) I also followed all the connections for the intellitac in front, found them crappy...rewired, new connectors where needed. WHAT we figured out, is that the Intellitac does not send a lot of voltage back to the White Rogers Relay (continuous) back compartment. It was not really opening that (or closing, not sure which) that in a strong manner. When I got better voltage, to the Intellitac, that improved. I also found a bad ground wire on the intellitac, that I replaces with a very good strong one.

That White Rogers solenoid WILL get warm. there is a lot of current going thru. I replaced it once. But the real problem was not getting the voltage to the trip (Exciter) wire on that Wh Rog solenoid, relay.

All is well now....if anybody has any questions, shoot me a note..glad to help. I worked with Intellitac, there was a guy there that went out of his way for me...and we figured out the problems. I was replacing those black boxes a lot, now that I found Bad splices in the wires, cleaned that up. I THINK, I was told by Gulfstream that these are installed by dealers, NOT from the factory, In my case, they just had some crappy splices up in that front compartment to the Intellitac.

I felt quite proud of myself, cleaning this problem up.
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote