View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 07:15 AM   #16
RayHarkness

Default Re: Battery charging

its probably the same thing. Let me get pic of that rear compartment...where the relay is located. I have a yellow wire that trips the relay. This is where the battery switches are. My relay was located in the lower right corner, as you face into that compartment, next to the batteries. I have a yellow wire that trips a small post, called the Exciter. That relay you found and mentioned, I think is doing what this unit does. Mine does not say diesel. You may be set up differently. I know these are installed at the dealers, NOT by Freightliner.....so each dealer can do it differently. This solenoid on mine gets warm..as its passing current thru. Your "BIRD" sounds bit different. But same prniciples On that previous pic, you can see some tape, on the left side of the Intellitac BIRD. I found other "splices'> I took them all apart, ran all straight wire, eliminated some splices, cleaned it up..and I got better voltage back to the relay in the back compartment, which is kind of needed. see photo of the relay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Relay-Rear Compartment.jpg (18.0 KB, 505 views)
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote