View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 05:12 PM   #19
Chuck v

Default Re: 2008 Tourmaster owners manuals.

Ray,

Yes my basement bays are heated and I was surprised to find the water pump frozen that one time. I just wrote it off to the lack of circulation in that area on that side of the partition and being so close to the bay door... It was also during a time when I was using electric oil-filled space heaters to augment my interior heating to keep the noise down when I slept and that certainly could have been a factor in allowing the basement bays to be cooler than normal. My basement heat ducts are much smaller than the ones in the living spaces and are about 2 inches in diameter, made of a heavy foil over a spring wire open coil just like the larger sizes of ducts.

I have also heard of winter coach users having the filtered water line to the residential refrigerator ice maker freezing on occasion -- can't recall if that was while moving at speed (which would increase the wind chill on the outer coach body panels) or while parked. THAT has never happened on my coach -- at least not yet (probably should not have typed that out loud -- )

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote