View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
J79Engine

Default Re: 2005 SunVoyager SE 38 foot

Update; The dealer told us he thinks we should upgrade our fuel from regular to 92 or higher and that will stop the check engine light. We met a fellow RV person at a wedding in Philadelphia who tows a 5th wheel with his GMC truck which has the same size engine installed as we do a 8.1 Ltr. He said he had the same problem until he upgraded from Regular grade 87 Octaine to 92 Octaine then he has not had a problem since. I think adding the toad changed the need from regular grade to a higher grade fuel. So we will try this but also went out a purchased a code reader so we can decide if the code is something I need to be concerned about or just errase it!

We upgraded the front TV to digital flat screen and added a satilite dish powered by Direct TV and we also removed the crank up ariel after I riped it off twice, forgeting to crank it back down. The bat wing digital ariel fits perfect in the same area and I installed it myself with no drilling required just new roof sealer around the bat wing when installed. We had a storm up in Indiana when we attended a FMCA rally and the dish did not work but the digital bat wing ariel pulled in 4 local stations. We will replace the back four tires because they are original with new purchased Michelin tires through the FMCA program in Febraury so we are ready to attend the Georgia rally in March.

J79 Engine, USAF SNCO Ret 89
J79Engine is offline   Reply With Quote