View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #29
DonMitsu

Send a message via AIM to DonMitsu
Default First Trip!

We went to Cedar Hill State Park this weekend and are even more convinced this was the perfect TT for us. We have a 7 and 9 year old and it had plenty of room for the 4 of us. The AC was a little on the loud side, but my daughter thought it felt like "Antarctica" even on a warm Texas summer day. Our stereo was great with FM reception but AM reception was non-existent which was the opposite of what I expected. The storage space was more than we needed. We put a basket on the shelf in the bathroom for towels and a hanging closet organizer in the closet to make better use of the space. The kids were very comfortable in the bunks, I thought the front bed was more than adequate size wise but my wife is getting a mattress pad to make it a little more comfortable. Gas mileage was less than I wanted but we did leave Dallas in rush hour traffic on a Friday and were in stop in go traffic all the way to Cedar Hill and coming back on Sunday we ran into stop and go traffic for a good portion of our trip, combine that with a hot day and the AC on max we averaged 8.3 MPG on our first trip, we normally get 17 MPG and I was really hoping for closer to 15. All in all my kids are the toughest test I can think of for TT (standing on the table, walking on the dinette cushions with their shoes, etc. But as hard as they were on it we really didn't have any issues other than the AM radio, so I would have to say after 1 trip we're completely satisfied.