View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
nemo45

Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Default Residential Refrigerator

The Norcold 1200 Refrigerator in my 2006 Tour Master has trouble maintaining 40 deg. when outside tempuratures get near 90 deg. even when it it turned all the way up. Getting as high as 48 deg. I have added another fan in the compartment in the rear and it has helped some. But its not worked properly. I thought maybe the thermister was bad, but my RV repairman says if the thermister is bad it will get too cold in the refrigerator. He says the cooling unit is getting weak. I do know that with the refrigerator in the AC mode it uses about 12 to 15 KWH's a day, which is way too much. I believe its because the heating elements are running continually. I have decided that if I can't get the refrig running right, I'm going to replace it with a Samsung RF197 residential refrig which will fit nicely in the whole left by the Norcold. I have seen charts that say the Samsung RF197 use about 450KWH a year which translates to about 1.2 KWH a day. Has anyone done this to a Tour Master with a refrigerator of any kind? With the price of a new RV type refrig being about $3300 I think this is the way to go. I believe I did see in the 2007 brochures for Tour Master that they went to a residential refrigerator that year. Any advice or experience either with fixing the Norcold 1200 or replacing it with a residential?
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote