View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 07:13 PM   #3
exjay

Default Re: Ameri Lite 238RK

We have a Friendship which I believe is just a re-branded Amerilite for Gulfstream. Some things Ive noticed or had to fix (more for my comfort) before our first outing was: finding a few barely snug drain connections on the sinks/faucets, a few loose cabinet hinge screws (careful because they can easly strip out being light weight fiber pressed wood-material), Found and resealed a handful of potential water entry points around lights and hatches etc. Speaking of hatches, we have one that sits on end so it open up right to left and kept getting a water stain inside the storage area on the floor. Found unlike the conventionally mounted doors (lift up for access) this one never had a drain hole drilled in the bottom for water drainage so it was filling up the door frame and spilling inside. I drilled one and no issues since. I resealed around the tub and also had to adjust a couple cabinet keeper latches for better fit. So far no real suprises out camping just whatever camper you get makesure you seal exterior and roof up really good to avoid any future water damage.