View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 10:23 AM   #6
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE B RVN
Ron, I was reading (can't remember where) that if the battery gets low on the Explorer, that it will jump into gear. As my wife will tell you, I have done and continue to do stupid things from time to time. Like leave lights on. Do you have a charging circuit from your Motor Home to the Explorer?

Kevin
Kevin,

I never heard of that before and the dealer never mentioned it. But I will see if I can find out. The GEM module does go into a "sleep" mode after a length of time and turns off the Neutral Tow light to conserve battery power. The first time it did it, it really scared me, I tought it had jumped into gear in the transfer case. If I hit the remote or open the door it "wakes" it up and the tow light comes on.

I do not have a charging supply connected to the Explorer from the coach and have towed for two full days at a time with no problems.

I installed the extra bulbs in the tail lights with the light kit that Blue Ox sells so there is no connection at all into the Explorer wiring per the recommendations of Ford and Blue Ox. The lights are ran by the coach power when towing.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote