View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #6
RayChez1

Default Re: 2003 Gulfstream Yellowstone (New to us)

I have a off/on switch on the side of the bed box for the engine heater. It has a red or amber colored light that goes on when the switch is on the on position, similar to the off/on switch for the hot water heater when on electric use.
I also have a circuit breaker for every thing that runs off AC current. The AC plug for the engine heater is located in the same compartment where the inverter is located. There is also a plug in for cable television if a campground furnish it.

Now as far as to the over heating of the engine, IF you have a rear radiator it should also have a CAC cooling unit attached to the inside of the radiator. You need to spray that small radiator real good with Simple Green every so often, THEN wash it off with water. Those get all kinds of debris on them and will plug it up and the engine will start over heating on long grades.

But if you have a side radiator, then I am not sure why it would be overheating unless the hydraulic clutch to the fan has failed.

Others have already answered as to why the generator stopped. On mine it has never stopped, but I never run my coach that low on fuel. When it gets to half, I always fill it up and try to keep it full when in storage to prevent the diesel fungi from forming in the inside of the tank.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote