View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 03:15 PM   #6
SlimTim

Default Re: Get my new 6331SN home today

Hello bhplumber,

I was also concerned about the VT365. However after doing some significant reading I felt the BPD oil cooler (and EGR) would drastically reduce the chances of a HPOP, turbo, EGR, or injector failure. It just all made sense to me that if the water side of the oil cooler becomes plugged it would affect all four of these items adversely. With the stock cooler the cooling water is what's used to cool the oil so you will see oil temps in excess of you water temp during normal driving. Just imagine the oil temps if there is limited water going through the oil cooler to cool the oil. The already hot oil goes directly from the oil cooler to your turbo and picks up more heat, then into the HPOP and picks up even more heat and then finally into the injectors. Knowing this I thought the best action would be to keep the oil going into the turbo, HPOP, and injectors as cool as operationally possible (don't want it to cool).

If you still have your old yellowed head lights I may be able to tell you how to fix them without buffing or sanding, it only takes about 2 min total. Maybe I should start a post on the headlights as I was ready to replace the ones on my 4400 until a friend showed me how to clean them.
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote