View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
GStream40
Site Team

Default Re: flushed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM57
The unit has a built in flush system. I have flushed it several times as well as snaked it out. Also poured the sanatizer "blue" stuff that breaks down paper in it. We use Scotts and it says Septic safe. Its like there is something blocking the tube. Our batroom is up stairs so the tube is long and not straight.

Even after a successful snaking and the water goes down, without using it or putting anymore paper in it, I can stand there and hit the lever to flush and it comes right back up the pipe. Now you would think after I have used the snake several times and NOT used the toilet it would be cleared out. But it just fills back up. Very odd.
It stills sound like you have a toilet paper dam/clog. Toilet paper being Septic safe does not mean that it is safe to use in an RV.

How I test TP to see if it is safe to use in an RV is to take a glass of water and put a single sheet of the TP in it, let it sit just a few minutes and stir it around and watch what happens, The TP should break down and turn into a slime mess. If it does not, it does not go into my RV.

A friend of mine had nearly the same problem as in Florida this past winter. His toilet would not flush down and sometimes it would "blow" back at them when they flushed.

What we found out was that they had a TP clog/dam right at the bottom of the pipe at the tank. It took many times flushing the tank and using my wand flusher down thru the toilet to get rid of the dam. He has a flush system also on his tank, but it would not break up the TP dam. After we got the tank all cleaned out and the toilet flushed okay. They switched TP to Angel Soft as I recommended and never had a problem the rest of the 2 months they were there.

You should have seen the TP that came out when we got the dam broke up. It came out in hunks. They had been using a brand of RV paper, one would think that would be good, but we tested it against the Angel Soft and it did not break down like it should. Yes, he was using chemicals that said it would help, but they didn't.

One other thing, some RV's tanks have a shelf in them so they can get over frames and such. If the black pipe inlet to the tank discharges onto this "shelf". solids can build up on them causing "dams". Usually extra water during a flush helps to keep these solids moving so that they cannot build up.

Good luck, it can frustrating I know,
Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote