View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 11:41 PM   #3
SlimTim

Default Re: 2008 Super Nova 6362 questions

Hello Chris,

I have a 2008 Gulfstream Supernova brochure and it does not list a model 6362. I can find them online but they are not in the 2008 brochure I have. It also looks as if many of the 6362 online are late 2007 or early 2008 models. You can tell this by looking at the cab steps. In 2007 and early 2008 the steps to get in the cab were fabricated out of steel. The later models had formed fiberglass steps to get in the cab. I have read about some people changing the steel steps out for fiberglass steps so this is not always the case.

Gulfstream stopped producing the Supernova around 2012. Most of the Supernovas were manufactured in 2008, however you do see a number of 2009 models as well. I think the total production run was from late 2007 through up to or through 2012. But with that said I have never seen a used 2011 or 2012 SN for sale. I purchased a 2010 SN 6400 about 12 months ago and I have only seen one other 2010 come up for sale since then. I think the economy is what killed the production of these coaches.

In regards to how they ride, build quality and other things, it all depends on what you are comparing it to. The SN's were known for having a harsh ride as well as cabin noise. The longer models such as my 6400 were worse than the shorter 6362 that you are looking at. You can purchase an air ride rear suspension, and in my opinion it is a big improvement over the stock leaf springs. However you can expect to pay around $12k US for the air suspension and installation. The road noise can also be reduced by installing additional insulation. I owned a super C built on the Chevy Kodiak truck and the cab noise was very similar, however the International Chassis is much nicer to drive than the Kodiak was.

I have test drove some of the Jayco super C's built on the freightliner chassis with that have the Cummins ISB and power is about the same as the GS. The VT365 engine is very similar to the ford 6.0 diesel. If you search for ford 6.0 diesel you will find many bad, and good things about this engine. Personally I think its a good engine if you do some modifications to it such as installation of an oil cooler. You can look for my post regarding the installation of a bullet proof diesel oil cooler on my 6400. Transmission is an Allison and they are pretty tough.

The reason I purchased my SN is I primarily dry camp and the SN's have way more fresh water capacity than most other supper C's of this vintage. I also wanted the full size king bed as I am over 6 feet tall and my feet hang over the end of the "short" RV mattress's. And one of the biggest reason's was price. The only other comparison around this vintage is the 2013 and up Jayco built on the Freightliner chassis. However most of these were $25k to $50k more and had less freshwater, grey water, and black water storage. And as I mentioned above I don't think they have any more power as these are built with the ISB Cummins engine.

Asking price in the US for a 2008 63XX is in the $90K range. You see a lot of the 63XX's for sale in the US so if you don't mind waiting you can probably locate a nice one.

To sum it up I don't think you will have any more or less issues with the 2008 SN as you would have with any other similar RV of this vintage. However I do think you could get a much nicer but a bit older diesel pusher for the same price as the SN.
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote