View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #66
cd6400

Thanks CraigH. It appears that the majority acknowledge improvements with the ACE installed on the Super Nova no matter what the model. Definitely worth considering if one is going to keep the coach for a while both from a ride quality perspective and a reduction of interior wear and tear perspective. I do not consider the current design a safety issue.

I suggest we all agree on the overall quality GS builds to could stand improvement based on the coach's cost but shouldn't ignore the harsh ride's contribution. Simple comparison of similar weight class of Class A's, there are sure a lot of them out there that have conventional spring suspension by design without air ride assist. I would guess that their rides are comparable as spring based suspensions are generally the same. Personally, I've ridden in and driven a 38 ft Tiffin Alegro Bus which has the conventional workhorse chassis (no air suspension) to and from Maryland to Daytona several times and I'd say the ride and interior noise/rattles were quite comparable to the SN. It doesn't appear economically feasible for me to sell/trade my unit in the near future so I may as well be satisfied with what I own and use.

Chuckyboy,
I appreciate your opinion. As you noted you've moved on to a Class A diesel. If I may ask, what model and size, as this would be a basis for your comparison wrt to ride quality?
cd6400 is offline   Reply With Quote