View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 10:27 AM   #3
Frankenfinger

Thumbs up "SNAP" as the 'Limeys' Say.......

"I have a 2011 Gulfstream 19 ERD Vista Cruiser. I had a tire blow out on my trailer and it destroyed the fender skirt."
The exact thing happened to us in July the first day of our transcontinental road trip to Vancouver Is.
After trying to communicate for a month with the RV dealer in Gananoque, ON, where we acquired the TT, I managed to get them to track one down and have ordered it.
"I actually talked to someone who gave me the number but explained that the skirt profile changed from the original Gulfstream Viss like mine to the current higher Vista Cruisers. She said that it should fit but would look different."
Like you indicate, I quote from my dealer's correspondence to me: "A note from Gulfstream * This one is a little different due to the vendor repairing and making a few changes in the mold. We have been told that they will work but you may have to cut out the opening in the radius metal a little."
I very much appreciate knowing: "The screw holes were in the correct location and since you can't see both wheel wells at the same time it's just fine." I hope my 'trimming' of the wheel well opening is straight forward.
I will endeavour to ascertain who the actual 'manufacturer' of the part is and if they are willing to deal with end users.
Thx for the sharing.
Frankenfinger is offline   Reply With Quote