View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #7
GULFSTREAMER37

Default Re: 2007 Crescendo Water leaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez
Any place where there is Dicor applied means it had a hole or crack there which could cause a leak. The most common place for leaks is the bead where the front cap meets the top of the roof. Another problem with Dicor is that you have to check it at least once a year because it starts to crack and water will work its way through those cracks.

I used to have a leak that was hard to find, but it would leak right in front passenger side into the cabinet. I tried my best to patch with Dicor and it would stop for a while, only to return. So I finally got fed up and bought two rolls of Eternabond from Amazon through the internet and done the whole thing. Four inches wide and I just made sure it was clean when I applied it and a warm day. I have not had a single water leak in years now. It is easy to apply and it works. I just applied it on the main seams or joints on top. I did not do the vents or crank up antenna. No more leaks which I just love. It can be very frustrating.
That is exactly where the water was appearing on mine dripping off the front cabinet on the right side soaking the carpet.

I replaced all the Cab lights, and went over the front seam again and I think I got it no leaks so far and it has rained 3 times and now snow so we will see.

So you put a 4 inch wide strip from left to right along the seam, how far down the sided did you go?

Ted.