View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 02:43 PM   #6
Kurlon

All lights working save for the compartment lights, haven't figured out how those bulbs come out. I suspect they're wedge base but don't want to get too aggressive taking them apart yet. The prior owner had ALL the manuals in a nice binder so I was able to figure out the porch step modes of operation, along with the associated lights and it's all good.

Haven't chased the mirror switch but will break out my laser thermometer tonight to see if they are indeed heated mirrors. Fuse 32 sorted my accessory socket. Rig has an appointment for a full service on the motor / transmission, so those issues will be going away soon. That leaves me the following items to chase right now:

1) Ramp door was rebuilt, new door isn't a foam core, it's all plywood now. As a result it's MUCH heavier. It's got four assist springs in the hinge, looks like there is room for two more, how much of a PITA is it to add springs?

2) Same ramp door, the bar locks used to have little press in bumpers so it wasn't metal on metal when you closed the door. The upper bumpers have long since wandered off, so there isn't full preload on it to seal it. Anyone know where to get more of those bumpers, or a suggested replacement?
Kurlon is offline   Reply With Quote