View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 05:45 PM   #4
Barometer

So I first ordered a Prime-line M6230 half round shower sweep. It was very rigid and I had to soak it in hot water to get rid of the curl from it being rolled up. Then I couldn't get it to fit in the slot in the shower door. I actually had to sand the top to get it to fit, and could only get it in using dish soap as a lubricant, and I still shaved part of the sides off getting it along the channel. Anyway it lasted one shower. That's it, one shower. Not enough clearance between my door bottom and the frame and the vinyl ripped. So back on-line I go, this time ordering a Slide-co 194356. It is supposed to be the exact same measurements as the first sweep I bought, and the package says it was manufactured to Prime-line specifications. Well anyway the Slide-co sweep is more supple. Unrolled easily and fit into the channel easy as pie. This time however, I took the precaution of cutting the sweep portion down , making it about half its original width, so there is less material that has to bend as the door opens and closes. I think this time this is going to work, but I still have enough to do it again, if it doesn't work the way I like
Barometer is offline   Reply With Quote