View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #7
CraigH

Default Re: Trouble with ABS Controller.

Well, add me to the list with the failed brake controller! Heading back from a diving meet with the kids two weeks ago at Univ of Tenn in Knoxville. About 30 minutes into the trip home and the lights and buzzer started. Thanks to everyone sharing their experiences here I had a clue what it was... was able to reset a couple of times as mentioned by Nailerman and made it home. Was at IH dealer here for two weeks and I picked it up today - good to go. Still under warranty so no charge (told me the controller is a $4000 part). They have also replaced the Fan Clutch for me and updated the computer - my experience so far with IH has been outstanding!

To be honest, even when I get frustrated with the silly things I think Gulfstream should have gotten right the first time I had NO PROBLEM under warranty with getting everything addressed. One time I had the dealer tell me Gulfstream declined some items so I called the service rep at the factory - he immediately told me to go ahead he had approved all... sometimes the dealer is the issue as much or more than Gulfstream.

Additionally, my Mother-In-Law just purchased a new Fleetwood motorhome and she is having the exact same kind of issues... so as many have said, unfortunately the problems are with all brands - not just Gulfstream. For me, I still really like the SuperNova and am overall pleased with the purchase.