View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #9
Wildblue

Default Re: Trouble with ABS Controller.

Uh oh... I picked up my new-to-me RV yesterday. As we were going through it and learning all the systems, I think we may have run into this same problem. We were not even driving at the time, just sitting and idling with the parking brake on. We didn't get a buzzer like you guys, so I don't know if the systems are different. But the dash started beeping at us, got the red "Brake Pressure" idiot light at the top middle of the dash, the yellow "ABS" light just to the right of it, and the yellow "Brake" light just to the right of the bottom center of the dash. (all in addition to the standard parking brake light that was on correctly)

Turned off and reset the RV many times with no effect. When turning on the ignition, the same first two lights would stay on, the ABS pump would make the clicking pumping sound for about 5 seconds and then stop, and then about 30 seconds later the final yellow "Brake" light would come on and start beeping at me.

Then maybe an hour later restarted again with no problem. The ABS kept pumping for about 20 seconds on startup and the brake pressure and ABS lights went out. Drove for 20 minutes to Wal Mart no problem, shut down, and then 20 minutes back just fine. Was late, so we went to bed. This morning, it started fine again, and I drove to the International service center, where I had an appointment anyway for a few minor items. They did a full electronic diagnostic, ($150!!!) which did show a problem with the ABS controller. So the service manager is calling the ABS company to find out about replacing the controller. Said he wasn't sure if it would be under warranty, but he thought it would.

So my question to you guys is, those of you that had this problem, was it under your standard Gulf Stream warranty? My coach is 3 years old, (and I'm not the original owner) so I don't have that warranty active. Is there a separate warranty for the international truck portion, though, and would I be covered under that? Any experience or info that I can pass on to my International service center on this issue so that I can get the best results here?

Thanks

37' 2008 GS Conquest Endura 6362 Class "C+", International Chassis w/diesel VT365
Wildblue is offline   Reply With Quote