Thread: De-Winterizing
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 10:56 PM   #3
DCSA67

Our unit is pretty simply. I have one hose attachment in the middle area of the compartment to backflush to clean grey & black tanks. Then to the left in that same compartment I have another hose attachment which is used to both fill the tank and / or use public water.

But now that I wrote that I realize, David use to switch a valve near that location so once he filled tank, he flipped valve & it went to public mode... Ok so that makes sense so now I have to figure out which valve that is...

Also to understand you, I believe you’re stating I have to leave hot water valves in unit open while I’m filling tank first time because now I have to wait for hot water tank to fill first. I did turn that hot water tank by-pass valve to normal. But you’re saying if the hot water valve wasn’t open inside it wouldn’t de-pressurize to fill tank. I did notice nothing went into hot water tank & thats probably why it didn’t.

I still can’t figure out why the water keeps going to overflow valves though, I feel like I’m missing a step somewhere.

But all the info you gave me is greatly appreciated. I will head to unit in the morning to try again with your advise. Thank you.
DCSA67 is offline   Reply With Quote