View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 11:07 AM   #6
Deany41

I errored in my BT C model. It is the 5231 B on a Chev chassis. The storage compartment is where the Battery's are located and a small storage area. The ceiling of this compartment is the floor with the slide directly above. I had to contact Gulfstream who eventually convinced me that there was a removeable panel in this compartment which extends beyond the compartment ending about a foot in front of the rear wheels. Initial access on the road to get at the manual turn screw would have been a real treat with all the foam removal required, if one knew it was even there. Once the panel is removed the above floor slide motor and gear is the area in front of the wheels. Which is good since one can at least reach up to get at the manual screw for turning in slide. Since a shear pin was broke the manual screw was of no use. I have a great set of pictures of this area if you ever want to email me - [email protected]. Since I exposed this area it will be much easier to access if I have problems in the future. Probably more info than you wanted but one never knows if too much info helps later on down the road.
Deany41 is offline   Reply With Quote