View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 02:26 PM   #7
atreis

The copper pipe would be a propane line, so water coming out from around that is coincidental. I'm guessing "isolant" should have been "insulation" ...

While it's possible you could have a leak in a pipe or fitting below the floor, especially if the trailer wasn't properly winterized if you live somewhere that gets cold, but this is not the most likely case. (PEX is pretty tough stuff.) It's also possible you have a leak much higher up (roof) and you're seeing the water after it's come down through a wall and out the bottom.

There's really no easy way to go about this. First order of business is to figure out exactly where the leak is - where the water is coming from. Does it only happen when the water lines are pressurized? Only on city hookup? What about if using the demand pump? What about after it's been sitting for a few weeks without use? If it's only when the water lines have pressure, then it's likely a pipe or fitting. If it's when the water lines are not pressurized and it's just sitting, then it's most likely a roof or window leak that is running down inside a wall and then exiting the floor ...

Another possibility: Does it have a through-the-wall air conditioner? Does it only leak when the AC is running? Is the AC draining outside the trailer? If it's only when the AC is running, and you don't see condensation from the AC draining outside the trailer, it could be your AC condensate is draining into the wall. (Mine had this problem new. I took the AC out and redid the tray it sits in so that it would drain properly outside the trailer.)

What you do after you figure out where the leak is coming from will depend on the details as to where the water is coming from.