View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 06:53 PM   #8
pchicky

Wow....this is starting to get interesting.....I had mine weighed, albeit with only the diesel tanks and propane full and nothing in the water or grey/black tanks....it came in at 22,863, which 2837 less than your 6400....even if I filled my tanks full (150 gal fresh and 104 gal grey and black @ 8.34 pounds per gallon, or 2118 lbs), I'd still be 719 lbs lighter. You didn't mention if your grey or black water was filled when you did your weight measurements....I'm assuming you did, or our difference would be much higher.

With the fresh water tank being 150 gal. capacity and being located behind the rear wheels, I can understand the additional weight providing more momentum in a "bouncy" road situation.

Do you pull any kind of trailer that puts tongue weight on the hitch? That would definitely amplify the problem given the distance from the rear wheel to the hitch point on the 6400.

I had my water tank filled 3/4 of the way full on a 600 mile trip and didn't get any bounce, so I'm still puzzled why yours did, unless the additional weight of grey and black water tanks causes it or a trailer does.

Hmmmm, the mysteries of the universe.

I'll say this though....the Kodiak I had was a 33 footer and that dang thing was flat out unstable (I'm talking real white knuckle driving) until I put a Roadmaster sway control kit in the rear and upfront. I don't have that problem at all with my 6400.....
pchicky is offline   Reply With Quote