View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #24
PieEye

Well, I might as well add some fuel to this fire. We just got back from a 1000 mile round trip (first one) in our 6400. Coach was fully loaded with all our gear, wife, 2 kids, clothes, food, coolers, toys, etc. On the way out we ran with full fuel, propane, and full fresh water tanks, empty waste tanks. I thought the ride was very exceptable. It would bounce once or twice but only on really steep road transitions, but nothing I would consider even close to excessive. In general I thought the ride was fine, very comfortable. Set the cruise controll and with a finger or two on the wheel just sat back and relaxed.

On the way home we ran with all the same stuff minus some food and the water tank was about 1/4 full. Without all the water weight in the rear, I'll admit, it didnt bounce as much on the rough transitions, so I beleive the full fresh water tank does have some effect on the ride, but not enough that it would stop me from running with them full.

After stopping for fuel on the return trip I ran it across the scales. Here are the numbers for comparison.

steer axle = 8720 lbs
drive axle = 15640 lbs

gross weight = 24360
PieEye is offline   Reply With Quote