View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 04:39 PM   #26
t0951

We just returned from our annual Chicago to CA trip along Route 66. Our 6400 is getting air bags in the spring! We can not read or play cards, or board games. The MB bed is impossible to sleep in while on the road, my 15 yr. old got bounced to the ceiling on one bad bump. We have had problems with the slide bouncing up and down. We had an exterior crack in the fiberglass on the forward upper corner of the wall slide. We had it fixed under warranty and now it is back again. We were told to use the stablizing bars on the slide when we travel. Has anyone used these? Our dealer told us that we didn't need to use them. What a hassle it would be, everytime we stop for lunch or to sleep we pull out the slides, to have to remove and replace the stablizers would be a major pain. I will not travel a long distance again without changing to air bags. It feels like the whole motorhome is going to break in half. My husband installed air ride seats in the front and doesn't know what the problems is with the rest of us. I took over driving for about 5 minutes and he was back up front wanting to drive, no way he could relax in the back! All four kids, two dogs and myself were fighting to sit up front.