View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #38
Nanaeve

Default Super Nova Mods

I too was interested in the mods Jeff did and was able to get a copy of those mods from Jim Murray, who posts to this forum. You could ask him to forward Jeffs list of mods (637K -12 Pages in PDF). There are several good (And Costly) ideas there but some are still open as Jeff sold his unit after buying another make, boy someone got a deal on his coach after he spent $20k + on his mods. The transmissions are programable to be 6 speeds, with a second overdrive, but Allison won't program the 2nd overdrive with out Internationals blessing and GS did't buy that option, so we all know where that leads to. After warranty is up I'm going to try and get the local shop to do it and pay for the privilage as it would drop cruising (65mph) rpms to 1900 from 2300. When cruising on the flats of Nevada and the other Great Plains areas I think it would be handy, any one done a overdrive mod to get the rpms down at cruise?