Thread: leaf springs
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #9
ibyers

Default Re: leaf springs

Hi Jody, you wouldn't happen to be from Calgary? I might have been the guy that told you about the leaf spring problem.

I "had" the same problem you are having. it turned out to not be a leaf spring issue but rather a design flaw (in my humble opinion). I had my leaf springs tested and they were fine. but changed them anyway. I also weighed my trailer (fully loaded ready to camp) and I was well under the GVW of the trailer (by almost 1000 lbs). My wdh is set up perfectly. I set it up at a scale along with a tape messure. (using these instructions http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/17730894.cfm

When I get to work tomorrow I will post the pics of my problem before and after, along with a e-mail I sent to gulfstream (with no reply). I did CC the dealership I bought the trailer from, in hopes that if any other trailmaster 265BHS owners having this issue, they would not get "refused" for warranty repairs like I did.

Everytime I see a trailmaster 265bhs I check to see if it has this issue. I have checked 4 at the storage lot and 2 at a campground and ALL have this issue.