View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 10:26 AM   #6
aaronschiada

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadX View Post
Actually the 6.0 in these are the same 6.0's in Ford F250 and F350 trucks but somehow our engines don't blow the head gaskets like the Fords do. I had just got rid of a F350 that had a 6.0, 3 blown head gaskets in 3 years(it was completely stock) and didn't know when we purchased the RV it had the same engine and when I found out I was like oh crap here we go again. After some research I found this version isn't prone to the head gaskets blowing and have had heard of several people increasing timing and boost to up their performance with no issues.
im not a ford guy or a diesel guy for that matter...i was just told that the international is tuned way down from what the ford version is. when people start putting more HP to them, they start having problems. again, just what im told. for every guy that has zero problems, theres another guy with a blown head gasket. i know there area few guys out there that you can actually send your ECM out to and they will flash it with a new safe program that gives you 50 more HP an better fuel efficiency, as well as do an EGR delete which i hear is very important and a big reason why these motors fail.
aaronschiada is offline   Reply With Quote