View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 06:19 PM   #11
proost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dune rider View Post
Proost thanks for the reply. M&M never mentioned they were working on a control. I guess I spoke to the wrong guy. I was really surprised with Lippert when he told me to go on amazon. Obviously again I got the wrong guy. You mind me asking what you ended up doing and what it cost.
Yeah, I went through ALL of what you're going through right now and within the last 6 mos so hopefully I can help on this. I dug, dug, and dug and ultimately spoke to all the bubbas I needed to before pulling the trigger on an upgrade.

Can you tell me what your issues are with the panel so we can compare on that?

I ultimately replaced the 140-1179 and the pump assembly (no control box) with a new pump assembly, 4 point fully automatic control panel, and control box with all the associated fittings, hydraulic tubing, adapters, etc for $3500 and change and then the extra $1700-2000 for the labor. They estimated 20 hours to do the job but it came in less. It was a big expense but for us, who are going to full time it shortly, totally worth it. I honestly think that if you're pretty handy mechanically, you can install it yourself provided your jacks can stay put. Down here in AZ, I found a great shop but seriously, good workmanship is so hard to find. I was good having a shop do it.

That moment I pressed the auto button after going months with that old panel was pure euphoria. It all just went by itself!
proost is offline   Reply With Quote