View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 05:34 AM   #1
Big Shasta

Default 06 Gulf Stream Cat C7 Excessive Slobber

We bought our coach in July from a dealer in Orlando. I drove it home (250 miles) with no noticeable issues....at that time I was parking on the neighbors dirt RV spot since they weren't using it anymore. Then about a month later my concrete pad was finished. After our next camping trip, I noticed an oil spot under the slobber tube (mine is extended to just in front of the hitch). I researched and put a catch bottle on it.

A couple more camping trips and 1 hurricane evacuation and I noticed It was full a couple times.

So after lots of research I drained the oil and the filter an measured the output. I was able to get out 25 qts and I know I dumped the catch bottle at least twice. so easily 26+ qts came out. That explains it. I keep seeing that 19 qts is the number for this short sump C7. Refilled it but haven't taken it for a drive yet. I did start it and get great oil pressure. I'm hoping that's all it was and no seals are damaged.

The dealer changed the oil right before I picked it up, they even dated and signed the filter.