View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 06:09 PM   #4
SlimTim

LJ

I had the same issue as bhplumber on my 6400. I was going down a long hill and my ABS light came on part way down. When I got to the bottom of the hill I could smell the bakes on the right rear axle so I new the caliper was getting stuck and what sensor was causing the fault. After getting to my campsite I made sure the caliper could move freely on the caliper pins using a pry bar. When I got back home I purchased a new sensor from International; but I think you can get the sensor from any auto parts store. The sensor was easy to install and it fixed the ABS light problem.

I suspect there was some rust or dirt on the caliper pins that would not let the caliper release fully once it got hot. This caused an excessive amount of heat at the axle hub and damaged the ABS sensor. When I was refueling my 6400 at a truck stop on the way home, a truck driver actually told me this was a common issue on the larger over the road trucks. He said any time a break got overlay hot it would cook the sensor.

My suggestion would be to take the 6341 for a drive and apply the brakes enough to get them hot. Then pull over and see if any of the brakes are hotter than the rest; probably the same one you replaced the sensor on already. If you find one that is hotter than the rest I would look at the brake caliper to make sure it is not sticking and causing the ABS sensor to go bad. Good Luck

Tim
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote