Thread: newbie to RVing
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #4
woodworker414

Marschall, we live mid Missouri, on the Mississippi River, it gets cold here, but no where near as cold that you have fun with. Where to go, this a vast continent, just go!!!!! This is a short road we are on, in the last month I lost two friends, who both died in their sleep, SO JUST GO!!!! We are in a bind here, the DW is down with her arthritis, really acting up. We get out to go to the docs, thats about it now. I get out pretty much, but I try to not be gone to much. I like to ride a bicycle, so I get out most days and ride around town.
My next project for the C, is installing a black tank flush kit, should be a fairly easy job. The next is a trip to the local auto scrape yard to find scissors jacks from large pickups, or vans, to hang under the C for stablizing jacks, should be a whole lot cheaper than new. Either of my sons-in-laws can weld them on. Working on a skid plate made of wood, 9" wideX 36" long,1 1/2" thick, one side will have heavy screen attached to it, the other side will have some of the Lynx levelers blocks attached. Will use the plates on my sons driveway when we go up there in the winter to keep the leveling blocks from sliding down the drive if ice is present ,like our last visit. It wasn't fun trying to keep them place, finally gave up, left the C nose down by 9" for the weekend, the kids just slept with the heads on the high end. Hope this idea works. When it warms up will clean and wax the C. Will add valve stem extenders soon, rotate the tires, have a couple of lights that do not work, they will soon. Will add an entrance light at the door inside so the C can be light up when we come home in dark, the switch will be able to be reached when you open the door. Have to figure out a way to place the fishing rods to protect them, I have reserved one outside storage compartment for tackle boxes, etc. Need to also find out how to put my CB in the C and what kind of antenna to use with a fiberglass unit. I just love messing with the C. Sounds like a really nice unit. I once was told when shopping for a used RV, let your nose be you guide, stick you nose it every nook and cranny to see if it has been wet. We bought a large slide truck camper the one before the C, the windows were open it was raining, water standing on the countertop, we stuck our noses every where, brought it home, for me to really check out a rv, I wash it real good, for some reason I seem to check ver close all the seams, caulking spots, etc, after we had the TC for a while I thought we had a leak, so washed again, and found the leak, we now had a dry TC. I like the leaf blower and smoke machine, or a soapy solution for looking for leaks, works great.
Good luck with your find, and the neat trip that you have planed.
Bill