View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 12:25 AM   #3
Leisure Time Larry

Hi Todd,

It is fun when everything is working like it is supposed to, but frustrating when it's not. Even though your rig is new, the components haven't changed all that much over the years. They don't supply anything of use on these coaches! Just safety stuff really. I'm sure it's go get us to go to the service centers. Welcome to getting intimate with your rig. Unless somebody else comes along that knows for sure the location(s) you need, you'll have to hunt down everything.

First, have you ever successfully powered the coach with the genny?

It sounds like you are on the right track. I would start in the compartment with the generator and try to find a circuit breaker switch. If you're unable to locate one, try to at least find the model and S/N on the generator. I had to look up the manual for my generator (Generac Guardian, not Cummins) using this information. I keep a .pdf copy of the operator's manual and the parts manual for it on my laptop and in the cloud now.

My transfer switch ('05 5211) is in an area behind where the circuit breaker/fuse box panel is, along with the converter. For me it is under a wardrobe closet. It most likely is there as you suspect. I would hope it's not that. It's probably a pain to get to. Good luck.
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote