View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #28
RayChez1

It is ashame that Gulf Stream owners (Shea family) have allowed their company to have such poor quality control and customer service. I always liked their top of the line coaches, but their were several issues that had to be taken care off by the new owners before it was ready for use. That should never happen with good quality control in a company. That is how reputations are built on whether your company will survive or not. I don't think the coaches of some of these other companies such as Tiffen or Newmar are built that much difference, but the thing about those to companies is that they stand behind there product and make sure that when that coach leaves the factory the customer is completely satisfied. While Gulf Stream has some kind of arrangement where they would push the coach through the assembly line and let the retailer finish the last minute touch ups, where your quality comes into the picture. The dealers have not done a good job of it and so Gulf Stream has built a bad reputation from some of unsatisfied customers. And that is really too bad because I have seen some TourMasters that are simply beautiful coaches. I even considered buying a Constellation, trading up from my Scenic Cruiser, but they stopped making the Constellation as to what I have read. I never did see one, just read about them and saw some pictures. It seemed that it would have been a hit and given other companies some competition.
I have forty thousand miles on my coach and is running perfect with no big issues, so we will enjoy it as long as that Cat engine runs. I am 67 years of age already, so I don't know how much longer this adventure will last. That is why I keep my two houses, one in California and one in Miami incase I get tired and just give to my daughter.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote