View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
smittythtbear

Default Water pump and hot water heater ignitor issues

Hello to all!

I am having trouble with my water pump and my ignitor on my hot water heater. Both stopped working the same day/time. The fuse panel only lists a fuse for the water pump. There is no power going to this panel. I checked it with my multi-meter as well as switching a wire from a 12v appliance that was working.

The pump got wet during a plumbing repair. Not soaked, just wet on the outside. This is the same day that HWH ignitor stopped working. Are these items on the same circuit? How do I check the HWH to see what is going on? I can follow directions pretty well - electricity has always been magic to me, but I know that basics.

I have a 2004 Gulfstream Friendship G7 with a Suburban SWD 10DE hot water heater. As for as I know, no work has been done on the HWH - I have had the rig for 9 months, upgrading from a 1990 Southwind.

Can I just use the electrical side of the HWH without fixing the ignitor? I think I have to replace the element, but I am tired of going without hot water and walking to the bathhouse for all my showers, etc. I am a full-timer and desperate!

Thanks!

Susan
https://sites.google.com/site/campgroundhosts/
smittythtbear is offline   Reply With Quote