View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #6
Texas TC

I have had conversations with both GS and International about why they did not supply the chassis with air suspension systems from the factory. GS said it was a cost issue. International said the cost would have been less than the add-on if ordered from the factory.

My gut feeling is that GS got a great deal on 650 (that is the figure I heard early on when these things first came out) chassis that were the last run of the VT365 on the 4200. They have now changed to the Maxx Force 7 on the 4200. This particular run was basic without the air suspension option. No one has confirmed this but it sure seems like that is the situation. One good thing about getting this run of chassis' is that we got the 2004 emissions which I suppose means more power and less filtering of the exhaust to choke down the engine.

I look forward to getting an answer from ACE. Good luck on finding someone to install the system for you. I cannot say enough good things about the improvement in the ride. My wife is elated in the difference when she strolls to the back from time to time.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote