View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 06:47 AM   #8
Kimbo

DGator,

I'm sure TexasTC will reply but I wanted to jump in too. I also had ACE air suspension system installed on our rig in this past summer (July). The price your shop is quoting you is just about the same we paid. We are very happy with the results & would do it again. It greatly improved the passenger comfort and leveled the RV. I have the SuperNova 6372 which had a slight lean towards the driver side due to the weight of the slide. The shop that installed our air suspension set the pressure of the air bags at different settings to level the rig which made me very happy. We also noticed we spend less time retighten screws and adjusting cargo after the air suspension install. The ride doesn't compare to a Class A with full air suspension but it is probably best described as ?big truck like?.

Surprisingly, my husband (the driver) hasn't noticed any difference in the ride or handling. The passengers (especially me) are the ones who appreciate the smoother ride. I was seriously thinking about ditching the SuperNova in a few years because of the uncomfortable ride. During long trips I would feel sick and exhausted riding in the SuperNova. I?m now starting to change my tune. Who knows, maybe the SuperNova will be our forever rig.

For the life of me, I really don't understand why air suspension isn't a standard for all Class C's. Especially one this big and heavy.

Good luck on your decision for your upgrades.