View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #15
nailerman

Say Kimbo, your being above me in Laurel, MD, who installed your AEC Air Ride. I am trying to get Thurston Spring here in Richmond to do it for me. But am having a cold reception so far. I am getting prices on this board that seem a little high since the unit from Fresno is around $1300.00. I have installed a five gallon air system in my 6362 and will already have another three gallon tank added in the rear for the AEC. I would like my IH Dealer here in Richmond do it, but they are not very positive about it. I figure for me to catch up should run around $2,500.00. I may just pay two of my master machine builders in my shop to do it for me on a Saturday.

But believe you me, I really want to improve that ride. As far as I am concerned that is the IH's only problem and for that I blame Goofstream who ordered these chassis on the cheap. I think they still are, though the 4200 is no longer in production and they may have to go to the 4300. I hope so. Bigger engine, transmission and maybe at least shocks.

And TC when I put in the air system, I changed there on the spot to a Square D unit. Though I am thinking of changing to a constant duty compressor. Considering Air Seats Next.

As another point, my SN is in the shop for the third time with the tranny slipping on the up shift. Any one else had this problem?

Keep in touch all,
nailerman is offline   Reply With Quote