View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 07:12 PM   #16
Chuck v

Bill,

Pretty sure that the roof air conditioners are NOT on the inverter, but can be run from the generator (and shore power of course...) as this is how my 2007 TM was configured. I suspect that the generator power must pass through the inverter's internal secondary transfer switch to get to the microwave and the fridge, so that would limit their working until the house batteries were charged up enough for the Heart unit to at least have coherent control of the power path even it was not doing an inversion.

Because my coach had a 23 cubic foot refrigerator, it needed even more inverter power when normal 110 v AC was not available -- such as when driving. Therefore it had a large and separate battery bank and did not draw from tghe house or the chassis batteries. Your coach appears to have an apartment sized two door refrigerator of perhaps 10 cubic feet or so and perhaps consumes much less wattage than my full sized GE side by side unit that could draw more than 1250 Watts during a defrost cycle. What does your fridge manual state in terms of power consumption?

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote