View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 06:34 PM   #2
GulfStream1

Default Re: Hallo from Italy, sone questions!

On all Gulf Stream coaches that I know off you have to move the drivers seat all the way forward in order for your slides to work. Now you mention that your slide only goes out part of the way and you have to make several attempts to get it out all the way. I had a similar problem and it was the switch to activate the slide motor. Replaced it and the problem was solved.

Now as to why you have to start the generator to move the slides sounds to me like your house batteries need replacing. I believe your motor home is a gasoline motor home and it probably has three batteries two for the house and one for the engine which is probably a V-10 Ford. I am not really familiar with the Gulf Stream Independence but the last gasoline motor home that I had the batteries were under a cover by the door entrance. If the batteries are good you should be able to move the slides in and out without starting the generator.

Now on how to use the levelers. Yours might be different from mine because I have the Scenic Cruiser which is diesel pusher, but what I do is to bring the jacks down two at a time until they barely touch the ground. Then bring the other two until they both touch the ground also. You should have two levels on the side panel. Just use the level to direct you on which jack to lower down until the coach is level. Very easy! Once your coach is level then just apply a little pressure on all four to get a solid platform.

As to the mirror you might try PPL RV Parts . They are in Texas and carry a wide variety of parts for RV's, Not sure if you can get the mirror only though. Might have to buy the whole thing, but you can give them a call and they can guide you more then I can on that issue.

As for a manual I have no idea where you might be able to get one. Have you tried to call Gulf Stream and ask them how you could down load a PDF of your coach?
GulfStream1 is offline   Reply With Quote