View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 11:43 AM   #2
Chuck v

Jenn and Pete,

Thanks for posting this and for keeping such good records. Do you have any rough estimate of how many days out you have spent in your rig and how much you have not had to pay on hotels, etc?

I have a 2007 Tour Master 40 C which I live in relatively full time, so it does not have the mileage your unit has. But it is of similar age and of course is not in a covered storage any of the time.

Have you replaced your awning fabric yet? I did all mine for the main awning and the 3 slides about a year and a half ago...and found I needed to replace a main arm for the largest awning to solve the issue of it not retracting flush with the coach wall.

Readers of this forum have seen that I have also put a lot of work into keeping my residential refrigerator working correctly (sure beats having to take it out through the windshield...) and have chosen to upgrade the clothes washer with a Matag one with more cycles -- the original dryer is still here and functioning. Also have chosen to upgrade the inverter with a Magnum with true sine wave, upgraded the transfer switch with a unit with integral surge protection, and all the TVs are newer models of a much higher grade than OEM -- this caused some minor cabinet modifications.

Most of the expenses above were 'optional' and in addition to the expected tires, engine maintenance, etc. I have had no repairs on my Mercedes engine. I did have a repair needed that seemed premature to me -- my power retract shore line 240 volt service cord became intermittent and only one phase was making contact in the spool hub. Got it replaced, and the service guy said that high current on the commutator when you don't move the coach much can cause this, as retracting and extending the cord tends to clean the commutator and brush surfaces. I have not had any issues since, and do move the coach at least once every couple of months now.

I bought my coach used in late 2008 with less than 9,000 miles on it, so most of the wear and tear is my own...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote