View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 11:54 AM   #4
CoachStreamr

We are doing the same as @Sudsy and @Restorium

It's a DeLonghi Safeheat 1200 watt model (common for Coach use) on the floor at the Living Rm/Kitchen border and on Low unless temps get below 35F.

Also have a Honeywell HT-800 fan on the floor about 5 feet away from the heater and angled up slightly running on low. The fan is in the front of the Coach pushing air towards the back.

Our Coach's floor plan has a clear path in the center from front to back, no L-Shape kitchen cabinet.

If temps go near or a few under freezing, I'll put the DeLonghi on High or Medium and bump up the thermostat on that heater. We have a ceramic heater with thermostat in the main bay and a 60 watt bulb with temp controlled outlet (to engage at 35F) in the Wet bay for backup. Two separate 20 amp circuits from the house, one for the Coach's main connection and one going to the basement/wet bay heat.

If temps go under the mid-upper 20F, I turn on the Coach's furnace.

We also keep both roof vents cracked open, all window blinds up a few inches and the front privacy curtains open.

I have a temperature and humidity monitoring system that is connected via WiFi. I can monitor the temps on my phone (4 locations - living, bedroom, basement, wet bay) and I get alerts.

Our Coach is parked in our yard and we have not been winterizing it.

We are in Western Washing, South Puget Sound.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote